11 WAYS TO BE UNREMARKABLY AVERAGE ~ From the book “The art of non-conformity by Chris Guillebeau”
1. Accept what people tell you at face value.
2. Don’t question authority.
3. Go to college because you’re supposed to, not because you want to learn something.
4. Go overseas once or twice in your life, to somewhere safe like England.
5. Don’t try to learn another language; everyone else will eventually learn English.
6. Think about starting your own business, but never do it.
7. Think about writing a book, but never do it.
8. Get the largest mortgage you qualify for and spend 30 years paying for it.
9. Sit at a desk 40 hours a week for an average of 10 hours of productive work.
10. Don’t stand out or draw attention to yourself.
11.Jump through hoops. Check off boxes.
Just as few people will criticize you for jumping off the bridge when everyone else is doing it, this kind of life insulates you from challenge and risk.
It’s also a life of quiet desperation that leaves you with a nagging question in the back of your brain: “Is this all there is? Did I miss something somewhere?”